Sunday, July 8, 2012

Skype. Viber. Facebook.

There has never been a greater invention than Skype. Dylan and I have only done it twice since he has been in Afghanistan, purchased Internet, and settled in his room. It is great to see his face and look around his room. On the packing list that the base gave him, they suggested he bring Christmas lights. He chuckled and said that was silly but bought some patriotic lights from Hobby Lobby anyway. When we skyped for the first time, his whole room was lit up. Turns out the guy who had the room before him left a log of stuff for Dylan to use- including Christmas lights ;) dyl loves them.

The main way we've been communicating is through an app called Viber. It is free. It allows us to text AND call for FREE. No charge. He just needs wifi. Can you belive that?! Now of course, he's awake while I'm asleep and his work schedule interferes because he can't talk unless he's in his room, but this is pretty stinkin nice. I never thought it'd be so easy to get ahold of him.

Facebook is another way we communicate. Messaging is quick, and writing on eachother's wall is good for a little flirting. We don't use it as much as Viber, however.

I usually gef to talk with Dylan around 9am before he goes to sleep, and then again around 7pm when he wakes up (around 4:30am his time) to get ready for work. He gets up a little earlier so we can Skype :)

The days are moving right along! I'm so glad I can talk to my boy as much as I have been!

No comments:

Post a Comment