Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day Two: AMERICA Misses You, Dylan! Happy 4th!





{This was us in 2012 when Dylan came home from his first deployment. I can't wait for that day in October!}

Today I slept in a little bit. Woke up and went on my almost three mile walk in the 100 degree heat. Yuck. I'm sure Dylan doesn't miss that at ALL.

Around 1:00 Mom, Dad, Kate and I packed up the car and headed to the lake house to spend time with aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents for the 4th.

I was nervous about this. This was the first outing without Dylan. I was going to have fun without Dylan. I was driving our backroads that have been made so familiar to me because of Dylan, but without him. And I didn't like it. But my family being there helped.

We even brought Lexie

She did really well on the way out there and we were surprised because we don't take her out much :)

The drive out there was LONG and on bumpy dirt road. But it was worth it to see this view
I immediately grabbed a beer and my towel and went to relax in the sun on the doc. It was so fun to be around the family and have fun on the boat with all of my cousins. We haven't been to the lake house together since we were kids, so it was really neat to kind of relive our childhood.
{My mom and all of the girl cousins, minus one}

Lexie even got to go swimming! She didn't like it at first, but she hates being away from my mom, so she suffered ;)


Kate got a great tan last week in Florida with Cody!

We got home late and I was exhausted, so I hopped in bed pretty quickly. Dylan called around 12:30 and I missed it, but he sent me messages letting me know everything was OK and that he'd call me in the morning.

I am missing him every day, but the days are getting easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment