Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day One: Trying

I spent the entire day trying to stay busy and develop a new normal. And while I don't like it and wish my boy was here… I know it is something that I have to do. I don't want to document EVERY little thing I do every day for the next 3 months, but I do think that Dylan will take comfort in knowing I'm carrying on when he checks this blog for updates. Plus it might be comforting for him to see little reminders of home and how much I miss him.

I woke up at 5:40 to a text from Dylan at 4:00. He said they arrived at the midpoint in Germany and that he didn't have data so He'd call when he got to their next destination.

I laid in bed for a long time, snuggled up to his worn T shirt from Sunday night that smells like him. Since I last talked to him late yesterday afternoon, I have emailed him 4 times and written him one letter. It is getting easier. I still feel sick to my stomach and sad, but I know it'll get easier as time passes.

I got up around 6:30 at put on my tennis shoes to take a jog (walk :) I went around the neighborhood and the park for about 40 minutes. 2.70 miles. It felt really good to get out and clear my mind. I also started eating better today- I've got to work off those pounds I've gained eating at all of Dylan's favorite restaurants.
{Lunch}

After doing some cleaning and organizing around the house, I went to run some errands :) I told a friend that I'd watch her daughter while she went to work this afternoon, so with time to kill I drove up to Mt. Sequoyah to get a picture of Fayetteville to send to Dylan. I said a prayer for him and all of his friends and their families that are also going through this deployment.
{Fayetteville}

It was good to get out of the house for a bit, but weird not having Dylan there in the passenger seat! We've spent a lot of time together in the last few weeks… maybe that was a bad idea ;)

I sat outside with my parents tonight and fed the animals and watched the sunset.


{Momma chicken and her chicks}

This is a new app I downloaded that counts down the time between two dates. For Safety reasons I probably shouldn't put his arrival date out here on the internet, however, if there is one thing I know about the military, its that NOTHING is certain. That date will change, it is only a matter of time.

{Isn't that cool? I can't wait till the whole thing is GREEN!}

I just got off the phone with Dylan, he is doing good and his voice sounds calm. In true Dylan fashion, he is already complaining that my emails are too long :) But I still love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment