Saturday, July 14, 2012

House sitting

I've been house sitting for a few days now, and will continue until the middle of the week next week. The people I house sit for have a very nice house and pool house (and pool!) And fortunately, they are doing renovations on the big house, so I am staying (with the two 60 pound bull dogs) in the pool house that looks like it was pulled right out of a pottery barn magazine- beach edition. It is really, really nice. On the days where not a lot is going on there, I just throw on my suit and lay out by the pool all day. I have been keeping up with my 2.5-3 mile walks every day though and I've lost 2lbs since Dylan left on July 2nd! I'm hoping to loose 15 total by the time he gets home. It is working so far and I'm feeling great about myself!

I get to talk to Dylan a lot. Like, way more than I did in his last deployment. Sometimes I feel guilty that we talk so much, but I should simply just be thankful. I don't know if I've said it yet, but we talk in the mornings through Viber and we Skype at night between 7 and 8:30. I just feel the need to document that, so sorry if it is repetitive :)

You wouldn't think it was possible, but you can still get upset with your significant other, even if they're on the other side of the world… Dylan and I are working through some communication issues right now. Remember when I said that this deployment is going to make our relationship stronger? Well, I forgot the part where you have to go through a whole bunch of not-so-fun stuff before you get to the "we achieved something!!" part. Right now, it is communicating. We haven't found a balance in what we talk about and what he can handle hearing from me. I don't feel like I can vent and/or tell him the things I'm doing without him without upsetting him or making him miss home. He has a lot on his plate right now and there isn't much room for me to be selfish and want all of his attention. I need to focus on him and help him get through the next few months. We'll get there. We've just hit a rough spot.

Here is what life is looking like the past couple of days… This is Bama and Chubbs, the bulldogs. I know they are missing Dylan for sure, because he always plays with them when I housesit.


No comments:

Post a Comment